Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: Gore..and peace prize?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    I must say, I would be very surprised if Gore would win if he runs again. Too much pompous baggage for even the Nobel Fleece Prize to absorb, especially one that was won with eroneous material.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #32
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    Back in my bio/eco class my senior year we had to have a debate about whether global warming was real or not. One of my main arguments on why it wasnt real or not was that the earth throughout history has went through the warming and cooling cycles. Scientists have no definite proof that the earth is warming at a lot warming of a pace that it ever has. They can make a theory about it is warming fast but no one will ever know for sure if the earth has warmed up this fast before.
    Gore is an idiot who is just trying to raise money for his own benefit. And isnt his house one of the biggest users of electricity in the us?
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  3. #33
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    Considering that we now have a northwest water passage that hasn't been there since the ice age...I'd say it is real. Hurricanes come from warmer water in the ocean...the hole in the ozone can be measured and is growing...but folks can look at a black snake and swear it is white too...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #34
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    Well, hasn't the last 2 hurricane seasons been predicted as containing a more devasting storm than Katrina, yet hasn't manifested even with the warmer waters?

    Also, the Earth has went through warming spells before that has been warmer than this time span, so I believe it is just a cycle that does happen with the Earth. Global warming isn't helping, but it isn't making the impact Al and others try to make it out to be.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #35
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    I'm not saying it isn't a cycle...but it is foolish to say there is nothing that can be done to lessen its intensity. As for hurricanes, when they do happen it would be nice to have a government that could adapt and deal with it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #36
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not saying it isn't a cycle...but it is foolish to say there is nothing that can be done to lessen its intensity. As for hurricanes, when they do happen it would be nice to have a government that could adapt and deal with it. </div></div>
    if you know something is a cycle.....what could you possibly do to lessen the effects of said cycle knowing that in a given period of time said cycle will be over and a new one begins
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    I have no doubt that the earth is getting warmer. We have done so much harm to our environment it is sad. But Al Gore doesn't have a clue what caused it or what to do about it. He also doesn't seem to have any real interest or he would make a MAJOR change in the way he lives his life. He wants us all to give up certain things and change everything from the kind of light bulbs we use to the way we travel to the way we dispose of our underwear. But of course those things only apply to the common masses. Mr. Gore is above all of that. He talks the talk for the attention, but he refuses to walk the walk. I honestly don't think he has a clue what global warming is. Talks out of both sides of his mouth. Kind of reminds me of 'Ole Flip Flop.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    That is the same attitude everyone had 100 years ago when they were wondering how they could make their houses bright inside at night...or find a way to keep warm without having to cut firewood all winter...the answer to your question is called technology...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is the same attitude everyone had 100 years ago when they were wondering how they could make their houses bright inside at night...or find a way to keep warm without having to cut firewood all winter...the answer to your question is called technology... </div></div>
    if you are saying that electricity is the cause of this imaginary [censored]......you are sadly mistaken
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gore..and peace prize?

    No...I'm saying we can find a way through technology to lessen the effects of various things on the atmosphere...that was just my example of another problem we overcame at one time. Granted, it's not the same magnitude...but can be remedied the same way.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •